'SKETCHUP + PHOTOSHOP'Architect Sofia Wolfson6 mar — 3 aprSign up for the course
'SKETCHUP + PHOTOSHOP' is a perfect combination of programs for architects and architects-designers.
Under the guidance of the lecturer, Sofia Wolfson, you will create a project of a real country house.
The course includes learning basic skills of SketchUp, implementing the knowledge in modular design of the house – from its projection to interiors visualization and lightning scenarios. You will also get learn how to work with projection collage methods in Photoshop.
- Learn to efficiently use the basic SketchUp functions, upload and download additional extensions of the program;
- Get more information about how to connect SketchUp to the global geodatabase, and upload designer furnishing from an online library;
- Implement knowledge in exterior and interior of the existing modular low-rise Dubldom building project;
- Examine the methods of collage presentation and projections design in Photoshop;
- Get the ready solutions and recommendation to visualize and present future projects.
An architect and a practiced SketchUp lecturer for both Russian and foreign students. Sofia has experience of working in the Czech branch of the Chapman Taylor – the international ream of architects. Sofia also holds international certificates: ESSE (the architecture school in Prague, Czech Republic) and INNES (Vienna, Austria).
Module 1: Introduction to SketchUp
1.1. SketchUp and its scope of application
1.2. SketchUp customization for Windows
1.3. SketchUp customization for Mac
1.4. Main modeling principles: Large Tool Set and keyboard shortcuts
1.5. Copies and duplications
1.6. Groups and components
1.7. SketchUp Solid Tool
1.8. Assignment №1
1.9. Saving the results
Module 2: Groups, Components, and Scaling
2.1. Assignment №1 check.
2.2. Groups and components, their differences and advantages
2.4. Installing additional plugins
2.5. 1001 bit plagin.
2.6. Curve maker plagin
2.7. Assignment №2
Module 3: DUBLDOM
3.1. DUBLDOM. Brief account
3.2. Plan import and scaling
3.3. Module support structure. Component creation
3.4. Component edition to not a standard module
3.5. Windows openings shaping
Module 4: Geo Location and Materials
4.1. Import of open GPS data from Cadmapper
4.2. Layers in SketchUp on the example of Cadmapper data
4.3. Terrain modeling in SketchUp
4.4. Textures (Windows & Mac)
4.5. 3D Warehouse – furniture
4.6. Continuing work with DUBLDOM. External building cladding
4.7. Internal building cladding
4.8. Building areas on terrain
4.9. Interior content
4.10. Exterior design details
Module 5: Orthogonal Projections
5.1. Views and sections
5.2. Style settings
5.3. Scene settings – plan, sections, sweep, facade, interior
5.4. Renderings creation
5.5. Placing drawings in LayOut
5.6. View modes in Photoshop
Module 6: Photoshop
6.1. Interface in Photoshop
6.2. Files downloads
6.5. Brush tools
6.6. Sweep design
6.7. Facade design
6.8. Interior design
6.9. Exterior design
6.10. Changes Upload
Module 7: Results Finalizing
7.1. Designs finalizing in LayOut
7.2. Link between SketchUp and other programs
7.3. Summing up and recommendation for future projects
- Training takes place remotely. Video lessons are available at any time convenient for you. You receive a link to access the first unit and you can view the lessons any number of times and at any convenient time within the duration of the course;
- You will get access to the course review no later than 9:00 (MSC) on the appointed day of the course start.
- During the whole term of the course, you receive technical support: notifications, reminders, answers to technical questions, technical assistance.
- Video tutorials contain practical tasks. Some lessons are available only after completing the practical tasks of the previous lessons;
- For each lesson of the course, you have the opportunity to consult a teacher on the course feed by attaching a file, a photo or by simply asking a question. Photograph work for assignments and publish them on the feed of the lesson page under the video.
- Complete assignments at any time convenient for you during the course;
- The teacher comments on the completed tasks, points out mistakes, approves or asks for work to be resubmitted. Until the teacher accepts a practical task for some lessons, you cannot continue learning in the next block (stop-lessons are marked accordingly). In extremely exceptional cases, the course administrator can grant you access to the block or the whole course after the treatment;
- You communicate with the teacher all the time; he/she will answer all questions. Do not expect the presence of an online teacher permanently.
- The teacher has the right not to respond to messages on social networks or through other means of communication, except for a chat on the Artclever platform;
- After the course of the educational institution-partner Artclever you get an official certificate (with links to all partners).
- In the near future, courses will have subtitles in Russian and English, and an online chat translator.
- At the end of the beta testing period, the site will be available in English and in Chinese.
- You have the opportunity to extend the access to video lessons for 7 days, without communication with the teachers and without the possibility of sending new works.
- Refund guarantee.
We guarantee a refund at your request. You can claim a refund within 48 hours of the course beginning. If the course is made by Artclever, you need to submit a request for a refund by writing to email@example.com. If the course is made in conjunction with a partner, you must contact the administration of the partner institution during business hours.
ATTENTION: the payment system commission is 1 - 5% of the payment amount depending on the method of payment and is not refundable.