‘Material Science in Interior Design’Serdar Yanikov and Tatiana Kharchenko12 Dec — 16 JanSign up for this course
'Material Science in Interior Design' is a unique course that provides you with fundamental knowledge of materials used in interior design.
You'll learn more about the right choice of materials; follow the concept of «honest design»; review the tools used while working with materials; get more information about the leading material manufacturers.
What you get from the course
- Learn how to work with widely used materials while creating your interior design;
- Get more information about different applications in interior design;
- Analyze project architecture and its solutions in European colleagues' works.
During the course, you'll have a new look at familiar materials, and learn more about their technical side and capabilities.
Serdar Yanikov @blk_serdar – an architect, interior designer, design curator, and founder of the art space «Richter» in Moscow. Tatiana Kharchenko @tatyanakharchenko — an interior designer and decorator. Serdar and Tatiana are founders of the studio DesignAid, participants of the «Kvartirny vopros» and «Dachny otvet», authors of the Artclever «Material Science» online course.
Module 1: Introduction. Designer’s ethic.
1.2. Counterfeits in projects..
1.3. Honest design.
1.4. Social role of a designer.
Module 2: Wood.
2.1. Basic information.
2.2. Projects overview.
2.3. Types of protective coating.
2.4. Wood compatibility with other materials.
Module 3: Stone and Ceramics.
3.1. Basic information.
3.2. Production and exploitation.
3.3. Main types of stone and ceramics.
Module 4: Glass.
4.1. Basic information and modern technologies.
4.2. Manufactures overview.
4.3. Projects overview.
Module 5: Metals.
5.1. Basic information.
5.2. he Client-Designer-Contractor relationship.
5.3. Metal workshop.
5.4. Material selection and its price formation.
Module 6: Textiles.
6.1. Basic information.
6.2. Textiles in interior design.
6.3. Boucle and plain fabrics.
6.5. Fabrics as fashion.
Module 7: Decorative coatings.
7.1. Coating. Basic knowledge.
7.2. Decorative coatings.
7.3. Manufactures overview.
7.4. Projects overview. Overview of the projects’ materials.
Module 8: Light.
8.1. Basic knowledge.
8.2. Types of light fixtures.
8.3. Basic characteristics of light.
8.4. Features of a lighting designer work.
Module 9: Structural units.
9.1. Structural units.
10.1. Material Board.
10.2. Scale in Material Board.
10.3. Author’s supervision.
- Training takes place remotely. Video lessons are available at any time convenient for you. You receive a link to access the first unit and you can view the lessons any number of times and at any convenient time within the duration of the course;
- You will get access to the course review no later than 9:00 (MSC) on the appointed day of the course start.
- During the whole term of the course, you receive technical support: notifications, reminders, answers to technical questions, technical assistance.
- Video tutorials contain practical tasks. Some lessons are available only after completing the practical tasks of the previous lessons;
- For each lesson of the course, you have the opportunity to consult a teacher on the course feed by attaching a file, a photo or by simply asking a question. Photograph work for assignments and publish them on the feed of the lesson page under the video.
- Complete assignments at any time convenient for you during the course;
- The teacher comments on the completed tasks, points out mistakes, approves or asks for work to be resubmitted. Until the teacher accepts a practical task for some lessons, you cannot continue learning in the next block (stop-lessons are marked accordingly). In extremely exceptional cases, the course administrator can grant you access to the block or the whole course after the treatment;
- You communicate with the teacher all the time; he/she will answer all questions. Do not expect the presence of an online teacher permanently.
- The teacher has the right not to respond to messages on social networks or through other means of communication, except for a chat on the Artclever platform;
- After the course of the educational institution-partner Artclever you get an official certificate (with links to all partners).
- In the near future, courses will have subtitles in Russian and English, and an online chat translator.
- At the end of the beta testing period, the site will be available in English and in Chinese.
- You have the opportunity to extend the access to video lessons for 7 days, without communication with the teachers and without the possibility of sending new works.
- Refund guarantee.
We guarantee a refund at your request. You can claim a refund within 48 hours of the course beginning. If the course is made by Artclever, you need to submit a request for a refund by writing to email@example.com. If the course is made in conjunction with a partner, you must contact the administration of the partner institution during business hours.
ATTENTION: the payment system commission is 1 - 5% of the payment amount depending on the method of payment and is not refundable.